8-Week Mindfulness Course
My former Zen teacher, Joshu Sasaki Roshi, summarized meditation in a single sentence:
“Meditation is the practice of making relationship with.”
If you think about it, we’re always in relationship. With ourselves, with others, with the world. For all the emphasis on health, well-being, and stress reduction, fewer mindfulness teachers are actively plumbing the potential of relationship as a potent path to awakening.
In this new Lower Lights curriculum, we will focus especially on human relationship. How can a mindfulness practice improve the quality of your most important relationships? How can the skill of presence help you navigate conflict and challenging terrain with those you care about the most? How can open awareness unleash new creative possibilities when things start to feel routine, or even stuck?
We’ll explore these questions and more in the upcoming 8-week experience.
• Mindfulness Essentials: skill-building
• I, You, We: Gaining skill in “We Space”
• Shadow practice
• Skill at Conflict
• Polarity Practice: How greater agency creates deeper communion
• Self-care and knowing what you need
• Vulnerability, Risk-Taking
• Relationship as Art: A Practice in Aesthetics
• Eight 90-minute sessions weekly with one bye week (Oct. 29th)
• Guided meditation and class recordings provided the day after each class
• Private online learning community during the 8-week course to offer additional support in daily practice.
Dates: September 24th - November 19th (meet Sunday nights, bye week October 29th)
Location: 1229 E South Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
Spots are limited. Register now.
*Note: You do not have to sign up with a partner/friend to join this course, although you are welcome to!