Based on his nearly 20 years of experience, Thomas has developed a 6-week course that explores the essentials of mindfulness practice, drawing from the world’s meditative traditions including Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, and Western developmental psychology.
What is most unique about this course, other than the clarity of the teaching and the skillful synthesis of Eastern and Western approaches, is its consistent focus on mindfulness in relationship. For all the awareness we develop in our personal practice, we don’t begin to reap the full benefits of practice until we can bring our highest awareness to the very rich world of human relationship.
Some of the key themes we will explore in this class include:
• The all-important role of the physical body
• 3 Key Skills to Develop Mindful Awareness
• Concentration Practice: Bearing Down
• Receptive Practice: Falling Into Grace
• Name it to Tame it: The Art of Noting
• Mindful Relationship: Deepening Presence and Intimacy with the Sacred Other
You will leave the class with:
• Significant experience with different states of mindful awareness that help you unlock your unbounded potential for growth and happiness
• A solid understanding, both theoretical and experiential, of the key skills of mindfulness practice
• Greater sensitivity and insight into the subtle dynamics that influence human relationship
Wednesday evenings, 7:30pm-9pm. March 1st – April 12th.
NOTE: There is a bye week on March 15th where we will be holding Lower Lights Sangha at the Clubhouse on South Temple.