Integral Polarity Practice (IPP), a contemplative approach that John Kesler pioneered, is based on mindfulness and being centered in deep stillness. At the same time it provides practices for engaging deeply and fully in life. IPP has a particular emphasis on working with polarities, and this is one of the foundational polarities: being grounded in stillness and the transcendent and at the same time being more engaged in the world. This workshop will emphasize IPP as a life practice which will support you in living a healthier and more successful and engaged life and growing into the fullness of your potential as a human being.
John Kesler and Thomas McConkie will co-facilitate this workshop. John is founder of the IPP Institute and is sharing IPP globally with practice groups in Australia/New Zealand, Europe and North America. Both John and Thomas are trained and certified in the STAGES model of human development. Thomas is on the faculty of the Generating Transformative Change program of Pacific Integral, and John serves as guest faculty for Pacific Integral offerings.
- Mindfulness meditation emphasizing how consciousness can be exercised through polarity practice to develop greater presence in the world.
- Overview of IPP as a practice that helps one to be more fully functional, virtuous and engaged in all aspects of life, the primary theme for the day.
- IPP practices which help one to be more fully centered and integrated, highly functional and virtuous.
- Somatic practice: IPP movement practices which support one in being more fully present and embodied day to day, even from moment to moment.
- Grounding in stillness: accessing egoless Wisdom and Compassion and the ability to optimize Inspiration and Creativity.
- Living as Spirit: Engaging passionately and joyfully in the world.
Location: Uintah Room Wasatch Retreat Center 75 South 200 East
Time: Be seated at 9:00 am. End at 4:30 pm with a break for lunch from Noon to 1:30
Scholarships available for financial need.